Wednesday 14 December 2011

Hi from Aussie


Hi Alby, how's it going? I see you are much steadier on your feet these days and I cant wait to catch up with you again next week so you can tell me everything you have been up to.

  

I am working in a place called Freemantle which is near Perth in Australia. When you are in Australia you have to were a stupid looking hat to keep the sun off your face - it can get pretty hot out on the water.


They have pretty good sunsets here in Freemantle and we are working right on the coast so we get to see them most nights.


I am shooting sailors racing each other in the Sailing World Championships. It's kind of a big deal for the sailors as they are hoping to use this competition to qualify for the Olympic Games in London 2012. The company I am working for are sending the pictures we film all around the world and we are working very hard.


Although I am mostly working on the water, the production is based in a car park near the shore and we have several big trucks that process all the pictures we are shooting as well as lots of edit suites full of very hard working editors.




At night we are staying in this university accomodation which is pretty basic so we try and lighten the mood by having a couple of beers with the other guys on the crew before heading to bed.


 We now only have 4 more days of work to go and then I will be packing up and heading back to NZ to see you again.



Be good to your mother and give her a big cuddle from me.

Love from Dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment