Monday 23 August 2010

It's been a long eight weeks...

But it's official. Baby Rutherford - or Smudge as I have taken to calling her - is due on the 25th of February 2010.

The longest eight weeks, of my life anyway, began on June the 24th with this...
You can imagine the excitement! I of course wanted to scream it from the rooftops but we decided that we would tell our family only and wait till we had our first scan.

Which happened a bit early at 8 weeks. This is what the Smudge looked like then...

And four weeks later see how much she has grown (I'm convinced its a girl while Don is sitting on the fence calling him he).

While its been a long 8 weeks its also been a really special time and today topped it off. It was amazing to see this little person swimming around in my tummy. We could see her brain, spine, arms, legs. It was incredible. 

So we are looking forward to the next 6 months, to see how my body changes and how the baby grows inside me. And then we get to meet her. What a wonderful miracle. 

We hope you are all well and happy and look forward to sharing our journey into parenthood with you.
Love Anna, Don, Baxter and Smudge.

2 comments:

  1. Wow guys, best news ever. I have been thinking about you lots and hope you are well. Being pregnant is such an amazing expereince and the end result...well even more incredible. Lots of love from Stu, Jeck and Issy xox

    ReplyDelete